(You can listen to the podcast by subscribing to Creator Lab on iTunes, Soundcloud or your favorite podcast app, just search for “Creator Lab”)
In many ways, Avinash is the king of “the side hustle” – he has many roles that include:
(1) Speaker & Advisor – an established speaker who has consulted for some of the world’s largest brands
(2) Entrepreneur – recently sold the education company he co-founded for a reported $10M
(4) Googler – leads a team of 70 story tellers, as Google’s Digital Marketing evangelist
I’ve known Avinash for a few years from our time at Google. But in prep for our interview, I realized how little I knew about his personal story.
Who was the real Avinash behind the guy on stage? What experiences shaped his outlook and how did he end up in such a unique role at Google? What role did his writing play in shaping where he was today?
He hasn’t shared much of this before so I’m thankful we had a chance to get personal & discuss his incredible journey.
We go into everything from living in a factory as a kid in India, to building a life in the US & becoming a best selling author.
Here are five things to listen out for:
(1) Early Years – Growing up poor & living in a factory in India
(2) Starting his career – Moving to Saudi Arabia, the US & why he was attracted to web analytics
(3) Writing & Building An Audience – How he built an audience of 150k monthly readers on his blog, wrote a book & landed a high profile role at Google
(4) Starting From Scratch – If he was starting again, how he would focus his time to build his brand and audience again?
(5) Personal – His fear of being broke, what motivates him & what success means to him personally.