(You can listen to the podcast by subscribing to Creator Lab on iTunes, Soundcloud or your favorite podcast app, just search for “Creator Lab”)
Daymond John is a rare force of nature. He’s a true serial entrepreneur involved with more than 80 businesses & investments. He founded FUBU, the lifestyle fashion brand that has brought in more than $6 billion in sales. He’s a regular on the Emmy award winning show “Shark Tank” and has published three books including the NY Times best seller: The Power of Broke.
He was named by President Obama as a “Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship” and travelled with him on his historic trips to Cuba & Kenya.
We discuss what he’s learned from all those years, how he thinks about new business ideas, applying the “power of broke” to test out customer needs, focusing on the best opportunities, his role as a leader in the current political climate & his latest venture, a co-working space in NYC called Blueprint + Co.
5 things to listen out for:
(1) Ideas – how he thinks of business ideas & focusing on the most important opportunities
(2) Blueprint + Co – why he’s opening a co-working space and how he thinks about differentiating from WeWork and startup spaces
(3) Power of Broke – why it’s important and how he applies this mindset to all his businesses
(4) Role In Society – thoughts on the current political climate and how he sees his role as an entrepreneur & leader
(5) Fear – using knowledge to combat fear