Ever wondered where that barely-used bar of soap went after your last hotel visit?
Erin Zaikis goes into her incredible journey in founding Sundara: a nonprofit organization that partners with slum women in India, Myanmar & Uganda to recycle soap & provide hygiene education to the communities that need it most.
5 things to listen out for:
(1) Inspiration – How a trip to rural Thailand inspired her to take action and start a soap company
(2) The Soap Business – Making bars of soap in her Manhattan apartment and why she transitioned from a social business to a non-profit
(3) Why Soap? – why is it often overlooked and why it is so powerful in preventing disease, empowering women and saving lives
(4) Growing – The steps she took to fundraise, spread the word and build her nonprofit
(5) Personal – what inspires her, what success means to her, what her plans are for the future, what makes a happy life, books that have helped her through the process and more