The Future Of Remote Work // Hiten Shah, Co-Founder FYI, KISSmetrics & Crazy Egg
2 min read
Updated June 23nd, 2020
This episode with Hiten Shah was recorded late in 2019. But fast forward into 2020, this conversation is even more relevant in a post-covid-world.
The coronavirus fast-tracked a lot of what we spoke about.
From focusing on why people choose to work remotely in the first place. To what we can do as business leaders to ensure working remotely is as effective as possible. Hiten has built multiple companies that have operated remotely over the last decade.
You can check out the full analysis his team published here.
Who Is Hiten Shah?
Hiten has built multiple SaaS (software-as-a-service) companies including Crazy Egg, KISSmetrics & FYI. We discuss the lessons learned from building, investing & advising 120+ companies.
What Is The Future Of Remote Work?
63% of US companies now have remote workers and 96% of remote workers would recommend working remotely to a friend.
But what does “remote work” actually mean?
Many people think of digital nomads galavanting around tropical islands while fitting in some Wifi work time.
But as Hiten and I discuss, most of us are already participating in some form of “remote work”.
Whether that’s a remote meeting we have with external partners, flexible work schedules or simply, “working from home” – this is an important macro trend that is going to impact all of us as the nature of work continues to evolve.
Five Things To Listen Out For:
(1) What remote work really means – Hiten’s team did a deep dive to uncover what remote work means in practice
(2) Understanding intent through keyword research – how Hiten used keyword research to understand the specifics around what people are really looking for
(3) Facts vs Feelings – mental frameworks to separate facts and feelings to make decisions
(4) Dealing with loss – the lesson Hiten’s dad shared when his mother passed away at a young age and how that has helped shape him today
(5) Why words matter – the difference between “self-funding” and “bootstrapping”
What Remote Work Really Means
Understanding Intent Through Keyword Research
Facts vs Feelings
“Has The World Changed?” – Dealing With Loss
Thank you to our sponsors who help make this show possible: