Faraz Zaidi, Profound Co // Building a Global Fashion Brand From Scratch
1 min read
Faraz Zaidi, is the founder & creative director of Profound Co, a multi-million dollar fashion brand that sits at the intersection of streetwear and high fashion.
Profound has built a loyal following over 10yrs+, with celebrity fans like Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Bieber wearing their clothes. They’ve been featured in Time, Fast Company & Forbes and have collaborated with leading musicians & major brands like Pepsi.
In this revealing interview, Faraz shares the full backstory of the humble beginnings behind Profound Aesthetic, scaling the business and how he would approach building a fashion brand from scratch if he was starting again today.
Five Things To Listen Out For
(1) Genesis – how Faraz started with a couple of t-shirts & a printer
(2) Starting a Brand – how he would start a brand from scratch today
(3) Celebrities + Influencers – how a Profound intern landed a connection to Rihanna and their approach to working with influencers
(4) Retail – getting into physical stores like Selfridges & boutiques around the world.
(5) Struggles– examples of when things haven’t gone so well, mistakes made and how he mentally deals with the lows