Daire Hickey was named on the Forbes 30 under 30 list in 2016 for his incredible work helping Web Summit grow from 200 to to 50,000 attendees in just 6 years. They are on course to achieve double digit millions in revenue ($XXm) and have had everyone from Elon Musk, Jack Dorsey, Chris Sacca & Eva Longoria attend their events.
(Note: Some explicit language in this conversation)
5 things to listen out for:
(1) Starting up – how Paddy, Daire and Dave started Web Summit in Dublin, where they quickly established themselves as the hottest event in town.
(2) Hanging Out With Al Pacino – how he tracked down famous celebrities like Al Pacino to get them to attend events at Trinity College. And later, using those same skills to convince the world’s press & top entrepreneurs including the founders of Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest & Tesla to attend their events.
(3) Reinventing The ‘Tech Conference’- how they use technology to be smarter about marketing, logistics & attendee experience.
(4) Growing into emerging markets – how they’ve grown into building events around the world in India, New Orleans, Madrid, Hong Kong and more. What were the mistakes made along the way and what he would do differently?
(5) Getting Personal – What does success mean to him? Who does he look up to? What does his future look like? We even get to talk about his favorite 27 course restaurant in New York. And some taco recommendations to finish off!