🚀 Who Is Josh?
Josh Clemente is the founder of Levels. He’s a mechanical engineer, CrossFit L2 trainer + previously leads teams at Hyperloop + SpaceX where he developed life support systems for astronauts going into space.
In this conversation, we discuss the importance of optimizing your metabolic health, how software can drive behavior change + the future of health tech.
🧠 Topics We Discuss
- what is metabolic health + why is it important?
- stories from working with Elon Musk at SpaceX & Hyperloop
- why you should monitor your glucose
- the myth of the “balanced diet”
- who to trust when it comes to nutrition science
- actionable advice on improving nutrition, exercise, sleep + stress
- how software can help drive behavior change
⏳Full Time Stamps (YouTube)
00:02:26 What is Metabolic Health?
00:08:21 Inspiration for Levels
00:17:17 The Myth of a Balanced Diet
00:21:29 Why You Should Monitor Glucose
00:25:07 Knowing Who To Trust On Nutrition?
00:27:52 Using Levels
00:36:50 Price Per User + Team
00:44:55 Funding Levels
00:47:04 The First 3-6 Months
00:50:52 Branding + Finding An Audience
00:54:03 Marketing Lifestyle Apps
00:57:25 The Future of Health Tech – Integrating Health Data
01:02:18 Collecting Health Data + Influencing the Health Care System
01:06:56 4 Parts of Health: Nutrition, Exercise, Sleep + Stress
💌 Exclusive Content + Free Giveaways
Join the email list to get my summaries + lessons learned from each episode. I also have free giveaways once a while, like the 5 free copies of Jim Mckelvey’s book (founder of Square) from last episode here. Sign up below.