Where Do Good Stories Come From? // Tyler Riewer, Head of Creative at charity: water
Tyler Riewer is the head of creative at charity: water. In this in-depth conversation, he shares 5 principles that can make you a better storyteller. We discuss the concept of the “hero’s journey” & how savvy brands, writers & politicians use this idea to tell effective stories.
Whether you’re a non-profit or a for-profit business – there is something you can take away from this conversation!
Five Things To Listen Out For
(1) Role of storytelling – and its impact on every part of an organization
(2) The Hero’s Journey – how savvy brands, politicians, and writers use the concept of the hero’s journey to tell effective stories
(3) 5 Principles – that Tyler has picked up along the way as a professional storyteller that you can apply to your own life and work
(4) FromConcept to Campaign – how they took an inspirational letter from a 6yr old and turned it into a successful brand campaign through the principles we discuss
(5) Stories from his travels– and the stories that make up the 663 million people that lack access to clean drinking water
You can now subscribe to Creator Lab videos on YouTube here.